Originally developed for the Swedish Department of Defense, our legendary Swedish FireSteel® is the original fire starter. Being the best, however, means always having to push the envelope. The result is a new generation with an improved striker that makes it even easier to build a fire in any weather, at any altitude. Our second generation Swedish FireSteel 2.0® also features a new design, a color matched lanyard, and a built-in emergency whistle. The Swedish FireSteel’s dependability and intense, close to 3,000°C (5400°F) sparks, have long made it a favorite of survival experts, hunters, fishermen, and campers. It has also found its way into cabins and backyards as a foolproof way to light stoves and gas barbecues.
- Durable—lasts approximately 3,000 strikes.
- Improved stainless steel striker and ergonomic handles.
- Built-in emergency whistle.
- Produces a 3,000°C (5,400°F) spark and works when wet.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Lights campfires, stoves, gas-barbecues, etc.
- Bright spark – can be used as emergency signal.
- Compatible with Leave No Trace ethics.
- Weight: 0.95 oz. (27 g)
- Take a small quantity of cotton balls, TinderDust™, dryer lint, or any other flammable material. Build them up into a pile.
- Grip the FireSteel with one hand,
- Take hold of the striker with the other hand,
- Position the striker against the FireSteel rod.
- Force the striker 'slowly down' with the thumb of hand holding the FireSteel.
No posts found