The Pro-Hub Tool is a precision machined devices to improve the accuracy of wheel hubs. These tools perform the following important wheel preparation functions:
- Ensures proper axle fit by reaming undersized wheel bores (great for wheels that don't fit on the mandrel!).
- Ensures accurate rotation by squaring the inner wheel hub to the wheel bore for proper mounting on a Wheel Mandrel.
- Reduces the wheel hub to car body braking effect by accurately and easily coning the inside wheel hub.
It is shipped complete with coarse and fine grit sandpaper (220 and 600 grit), and instructions.
The Pro-Hub Tool has a square end to improve wheel hub accuracy (and thus performance) and a coned end to reduce hub friction. Check local rules before coning wheel hubs. The tool also reams undersize wheel bores.
Wheel Hub Squaring - Perform before any other wheel preparation steps
- Test fit each wheel by sliding it onto the tool pin. If the wheel bore is too small for the tool, use steady hand pressure and a twisting motion to work the wheel on to the tool. Remove the wheel and repeat 3 times.
- Dip the coarse-grit sandpaper in a cup of tap water.
- Remove the protective cap from the square end of the tool, pierce the sandpaper (grit facing outwards) and slide the sandpaper until it contacts the body of the tool. To minimize the risk of a hand injury, leave the protective cap on the coned end of the tool.
- Place a wheel onto the square end of the tool, hub side first.
- With one hand hold the tool and the sandpaper, and with the other hand press the wheel against the sandpaper. Rotate the wheel back and forth for about 10 seconds.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for the other wheels. Use a new area of the sandpaper for each wheel.
- If the hubs will not be coned, repeat steps 2 to 6 with the fine-grit sandpaper.
Coning the Wheel Hubs - Perform after all other wheel preparation steps
Perform steps 2 to 6 above using the coned end of the tool and the coarse-grit sandpaper. Repeat the steps using the fine-grit sandpaper.
No posts found