With his first book Mark Ray revolutionized the Eagle court of honor, showing tens of thousands of readers how to make Scouting’s greatest moment truly great. Now, he turns his attention to an even bigger task: building great Boy Scout troops.
In this unique and highly personal book, Mark offers hundreds of proven ideas for building strong, successful, sustainable troops that truly achieve the promise of Scouting. Beginning with Scouting’s aims and methods, the book moves quickly through every aspect of the program, from troop meetings and outings to fundraising and administration.
The goal of The Scoutmaster's Other Handbook is to help you manage a troop, maintain your sanity, and make a difference. Going beyond the basics covered at training and in BSA publications, the book offers hundreds of field-tested ideas for building better Scout troops.
- How to recruit and retain Scouts and leaders
- Techniques for nearly painless fundraising
- Suggested board-of-review questions for every rank
- Tips for developing troop newsletters and Web sites
- Ideas for strengthening patrol operations
- Where to find dozens of print and online resources
Paperback: 182 pages
Publisher: Ray Publishing (2003)
Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 6 x 0.5 inches